After the weeks of sickness and worrying about platelet counts and what seemed like being pregnant for years, my water broke at around 3:40 on the morning of Monday, June 7th (which just happens to be my brother Grant's birthday). My water broke with Brandon at around the same time on a Monday! At first I thought it might not be anything since it was just a trickle. I tried to convince Steve to let me go to the hospital and get checked out without waking up Brandon. He replied, "Are you crazy woman? Of course you aren't driving yourself to the hospital!" I got there at 4:50 and was in fact in labor. After a couple rounds of penicillin and drawing my blood for the platelet count, I was ready for my epidural and pitocin. Had a brief scare with her heartrate dropping, but Dr. assured us it was bc she was getting squeezed during contractions. Lauren Elizabeth was born at 11:30 am and weighed 6 lbs 12 oz and was 20 inches long. Such an easier delivery and recovery this time for me! I feel great! Steve calls her his "Little Petunia" and he has turned soft since her arrival - I can tell! Brandon is a great big brother and has a world of patience. The jealousy has definitely kicked in, but it gets better with each passing day. He wants to constantly hold her and is great in telling me what she's up to:-)
The night before I went into labor - 38 wks
Gigi
No comments:
Post a Comment